Matcha is finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea. The green tea plants for matcha are shade-grown for about three weeks before harvest, and the stems and veins are removed in the process.
The best green tea available is matcha green tea, and here are some of the benefits of this awesome beverage:
– Matcha Green Tea Antioxidants Levels:
- 6.2 times that of Goji Berries
- 7 times that of dark chocolate
- 17 times that of wild-berries
- 60.5 times that of spinach… Still not impressed? keep reading!
– Cancer preventer
– Anti- ager
– Lowers LDL “Bad” cholesterol
– Weight loss: A 1999 study featured in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition demonstrated that consuming Green Tea increased thermogenesis (the body’s rate of burning calories) from 8-10% to 35-43% of daily energy expenditure.
Another study demonstrated that exercising immediately after drinking Matcha Green Tea resulted in 25% more fat burning during exercise.
– Mind improver
If you are not sold after these benefits, then I don’t know what would do it… But if you are, then you should give this smoothie a try!
It is silky, smooth, sweet and delicious! Not to mention that is the perfect breakfast since it has a great amount of protein, carbohydrates and good fats … And Matcha Green Tea of course!
I hope you will enjoy it and find it Matcha-licious!